THE CHRONICLES OF ROBS' NORTH EAST EUROPEAN ADVENTURE

Where's da robin?

Friday, June 20, 2008

SCORE!

Greetings to everyone on this most glorious of Friday mornings! Why glorious, you ask? Well b/c last night Germany totally kicked Portugal's ass in the quarter finals... and well... Portugal was the favored team to win the tournament.
We opted to watch the game in the Portuguese district, at a little Portuguese bar, this made it even more exciting. The only thing I can do to relate what this stuff is like, is say, think about Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl... (for those of you who haven't experienced that atmosphere, I don't know how else to describe it)... Its definitely the most fun that I have had at a game yet... (ooo, and on a side note I tried rabbit for the first time... very good).
I now officially have some favorite players on the team... My favorite player just because he's a good player and I enjoy the fact that the first game I saw he got red carded, then had to sit out the next game, only to come back this game to score the first goal and assist in another one, and he's number 7, is Bastian Schweinsteiger (yes, that links to his player profile).Overall... good times... and look, I finally have pictures of my people... of course half of them are sad about Portugal losing... but oh well... and yes, I listed their real names and not just country (I had to cheat to do this... there's a list of people and their country at the mailboxes... I find I can remember names better when I read it

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Yeah, so Wednesday... DE vs Turkey... best game ever or BEST GAME EVER?!? Yeah... can't wait. That will be exciting. Can't wait to hear about watching the game in DE...